Rande Rover PDC System

Range Rover, Sport, Classic, Vogue

Moderator: pretdave

David575
Landy antispam question: I think so
Landy has how any wheels?: 4

Rande Rover PDC System

Postby David575 » 21 May 2015 09:10

Could anybody out there check if they have an answer to my problem?
I've been to 2 different LR dealerships and the problem could not be identified. No fault shows on the computer.
The Park Distance Sensors for my RR only seems to work when the vehicle is wet. Like after a wash or a lot of rain. Then it functions 100% all round. Under normal circumstances, it just gives one long beep and switches off. The beep seems to be coming from the rear.
I have stripped off the rear bumper myself to check on the wiring harness for the sensors. All good.
If somebody could help or advise, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

pretdave
Landy antispam question: most definitely not
Landy has how any wheels?: 4

Re: Rande Rover PDC System

Postby pretdave » 21 May 2015 18:49

David575 wrote:Could anybody out there check if they have an answer to my problem?
I've been to 2 different LR dealerships and the problem could not be identified. No fault shows on the computer.
The Park Distance Sensors for my RR only seems to work when the vehicle is wet. Like after a wash or a lot of rain. Then it functions 100% all round. Under normal circumstances, it just gives one long beep and switches off. The beep seems to be coming from the rear.
I have stripped off the rear bumper myself to check on the wiring harness for the sensors. All good.
If somebody could help or advise, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

A problem like this is often caused by an earthing problem. This is consistent with rainy weather improvement , when water can help to improve earth connections. I have no specific knowledge of the RR system, but perhaps you can ID where the - ive (ie earth) connection occurs at each sensor . The great thing about an earth problem is that you dont have to find out precisely where the earth connection is defective. Simply make an alternative earth connection to a suitable point.
If you are uncertain about what to do , take the car to a competent auto electrician .

Dave
Defender 130 TD5 2000 GALACTICA
www.clrc.co.za

Return to “Range Rover”