2003 Land Rover Freelander TD4 3dr - Possible Purchase

Land Rover Freelander 1 and 2

Moderator: pretdave

SirBismuth

2003 Land Rover Freelander TD4 3dr - Possible Purchase

Postby SirBismuth » 22 Nov 2012 21:22

Hi All,

Possible Land Rover newbie here.

Discovered this forum while researching the 2003 Land Rover Freelander TD4 3dr, as I am considering buying one. The one I am looking at has 222000 or so on the clock apparently, am going to look at it tomorrow, so not yet sure if it's the E, S or SE model. Only other thing I currently know is that it's white, fwiw.

Would it be worthwhile, or should I leave it, I can't really afford anything else (Land Rover-wise)at this stage. My dream Landy is a Land Rover Range Rover HSE Sport, but yeah, don't have anywhere near that sort of cash available!

I will consider all comments/advice, as while I am not new to car buying, I am new to Land Rovers.

B

SirBismuth

Re: 2003 Land Rover Freelander TD4 3dr - Possible Purchase

Postby SirBismuth » 23 Nov 2012 14:23

Finally got to see the vehicle today, and take it for a drive. It is in good nick, only concern was water leaking into the front passenger side footwell, but they did say that they would fix it.

It has a FSH, with some major work done @ 200k (injectors, brakes etc. according to book), but must still determine when the Viscous Coupling and IRD were done. But low speed turns with full steering lock didn't produce any excessive resistance or noises, except for what I mention next. There was a knocking sound when I pulled out from the parking, but only occurred that one time (should I be concerned, I don't want to spend another pile of cash replacing Couplings or that, if I can help it?). I tested it a few more times before taking the car on the road, but couldn't replicate the noise.

B

Willgranzier

Re: 2003 Land Rover Freelander TD4 3dr - Possible Purchase

Postby Willgranzier » 19 Jan 2013 17:48

Hi

I am looking at a similar one - Did you buy yours ? What are your thoughts.... This one is also just over 200 000 km but very well taken care of. A few minor mechanical issues like controller arms arts, but engine and gearbox seems sound.....

William

Return to “Freelander”