Fitting toyota 22r to series 2a gearbox

Land Rover Series vehicles - The golden oldies

Moderator: pretdave

Danster

Fitting toyota 22r to series 2a gearbox

Postby Danster » 24 May 2014 18:15

I have purchased a dissasembled 1966 109 3 door the gearbox is there and complete I also have a 22re engine out of a toyota pickup does anyone know if there is a adaptor plate for this?
www.giloeng.co.za/ lists a bunch of adaptors for the series rover I am wondering if the 2.4D has the same engine bolt pattern as the 22R?

I am in Canada so there are only a few toyota diesels but the 22R was in most toyota trucks and 4runners in the 80,s and 90,s so easy to get a hold of.

Thanks

JPC

Re: Fitting toyota 22r to series 2a gearbox

Postby JPC » 25 May 2014 15:28

Danster, I do not know if the 2L (2.4 diesel) and R22 Toyota engines have the same bolt pattern.

Over here both those engines have been used on Series Land Rover gearboxes though.

The Gilo website often do not provide all the details one needs. :x I will phone them during the week and enquire. Will let you know what they have to say.

JP

Danster

Postby Danster » 25 May 2014 16:30

Thanks
I have lowered the engine into the engine bay to see how everything will fit and looks like there will be a few issues that I get to play with.

One is the intake manifold is against the righthand foot well, I can make an adjustment to the footwell.
Two the alternator was against the lefthand frame, this may have been because the foot well was pushing it over.
and lastly if the starter is to go where the rover starter is there might be an issue with the exhaust manifold.

Any chance someone could direct me to any info and pictures of this swap that would be also be helpful.

JPC

Postby JPC » 26 May 2014 09:13

Hi Danster

Gilo engineering do not have adapters for the "R" series Toyota engines at all.

The Toy petrol engine used here for Landies is the "Y" series engine.

In Malaysia they stick any Jap engine into a Landy, see if you can make a contact there through their owners club.

Sorry, can't help any further.

JP

Danster

Postby Danster » 27 May 2014 05:16

Thanks for that info I am going to give it a try myself

JPC

Postby JPC » 07 Dec 2014 11:50

As soon as we surf the internet and looking for the jammer products we can see that there are various types of signal jammers that are for sale in the market now such as the mobile phone jammers, GPS jammers, wifi jammers, jammer phone, UHF jammers, the multi-functional signal jammers and so many others kinds of signal jammers for sale as well. And what people now need to do is just select the best one according to their needs.
WTF :roll:

Return to “Land Rover Series I, II, III”