WANTED series 3 R6 workshop Manual Plus brake spring query

Land Rover Series vehicles - The golden oldies

Moderator: pretdave

justustwo

Postby justustwo » 16 Sep 2009 23:41

Hi all I am desperatly looking for a series 3 r6 workshop manual .I have managed to download 6 sections of an 18 section manual from the internet but section 7-18 will not load and cant seem to find them any where.I am currently doing a few jobs around the rear brakes and have noticed that the return springs on the brake shoes are in front of the shoes(completly visible) and I have a feeling that it has been assembled wrongly and the springs should go behind the brake shoe?
I think this could be giving me problems whilst trying to bleed them.
Also could someone just put my mind at rest by telling me that the r6 has cv joints rather than uj`s which allows them to do away with the free wheel hubs ?
Also need to sort out some noises around the rear diff or hubs ( not sure ) so anyhelp with r6 workshop manual would be a real bonus
thanks

tanisia

Postby tanisia » 26 Oct 2009 13:40

Hi

The R6 dont have cv joints, you can fill the swivel pin housings with grease if the oil seals starts leaking, If you give your email adress I can email you all the landrover R6 manuals

Greetings Charles

justustwo

Re: WANTED series 3 R6 workshop Manual Plus brake spring query

Postby justustwo » 26 Oct 2009 21:49

Hi

The R6 dont have cv joints, you can fill the swivel pin housings with grease if the oil seals starts leaking, If you give your email adress I can email you all the landrover R6 manuals

Greetings Charles
Hi Charles thanks for the reply although i am a bit confused now .Firstly thanks for the offer of the r6 manual but alas i managed to get one sent from another forum but the guy who sent it also had an r6 which he was busy restoring and he told me that the r6 did have cv joints .
i do get slight kick back thrugh the steering wheel when in 4 wheel drive BUT the r6 manual also says it has cv jointsin the spec page?.
it dosent make much real difference to me but would like to know for sure.
thanks for the reply
Andrew

Browns

Postby Browns » 17 Nov 2009 15:56

Hi

Greetings Charles
Hi Charles

I noticed you have R6 Manuals available.

I am Restoring on at the moment.

Could you forward to my mail adress?

andries.loubser@renault.com

Kind Regards

Andries

Julyan

Postby Julyan » 13 Dec 2009 16:43

Hi Charles,
I bought a R6 in january and have not spent much time on it due to personal problems but have recently started. Mine is a runner with lots of oil leaks and a starting problem. I have sorted the SU's and now as it turns out the cam timing is out. this I will fix next. Is it the best bet to change the oil in the swivels to grease on these older models? I know they have grease on the new defenders.

I also only have pieces of the manual,so I will appreciate it if you can forward me the complete manual. My email address is: julyan@jetvac.co.za

I see there is a lot of activity on this forum from R6 people.A year ago there was hardly any.

Please tell us where you are situated maybe for parts exchange etc. Sometimes I feel like a lone voice with my R6

I am in Bellville

Obelix

Postby Obelix » 15 Dec 2009 06:50

If any of you guys are interested I have a PDF of the original Mil workshop manual for the R6. 556 pages thereof. Unfortunatly to big to mail (34Meg) but can put on CD if you send me your adress.

Regards
Obelix
1999 Defender 110 TDi

Pumba

Postby Pumba » 15 Dec 2009 07:20

Hi Obelix,

Glad to hear you're still around, you've been quiet for a while?

My brother would also like to have a copy of the R6 manual, PM me and we'll pick it up and maybe have a beer?
My brother bought a Petrol R6, and some other friends of us have a R6 with the Perkins diesel engine. What a pleasure to drive! Not very fast but bloooooody strong. You just idle through all obstacles at De Wildt. I particularly liked the axle twisters on the koppie. This R6 also have Salisbury diffs front and rear, as well as disc brakes all around.

tanisia

Postby tanisia » 23 Dec 2009 12:47

If any of you guys are interested I have a PDF of the original Mil workshop manual for the R6. 556 pages thereof. Unfortunatly to big to mail (34Meg) but can put on CD if you send me your adress.

Regards
Obelix
Have emailed Manual Got it in modules

tanisia

Postby tanisia » 23 Dec 2009 12:51

Hi

Glad to hear the R6 boy are geting out of the woodwork, let me know if you want to have R6 Manual

Cheers Charles

Julyan

Postby Julyan » 02 Apr 2010 13:18

Hi Obelix,
The manuals still elude me and I will appreciate a copy of your R6 manual.

My postal address is P O Box 4051, Old Oak , Bellville, 7537.

Please let me know if I need to cover costs of postage etc.

Regards
Julyan.

Return to “Land Rover Series I, II, III”