Range Rover Tdv8 Vogue On Board Computer dead

Range Rover, Sport, Classic, Vogue

Moderator: pretdave

jjdt@mweb.co.za

Range Rover Tdv8 Vogue On Board Computer dead

Postby jjdt@mweb.co.za » 18 Jan 2011 16:58

Hi All - I have a 2007 RR Vogue and last week my On Board computer Screen is only displaying the Land Rover logo. My radio etc is dead and not showing. I have already done a battery reset by taking off the cables, checked all my fuses and plugs but still dead. The vehicle is only 4 years old with 99000k's on the clock. I am taking it in for a service tomorrow and concerned about the possible news to come. Apart from any advice, is there any way for me to identify the problem? Look forward to suggestions. Regards
Range Rover TDV8

jjdt@mweb.co.za

Re: Range Rover Tdv8 Vogue On Board Computer dead

Postby jjdt@mweb.co.za » 18 Jan 2011 17:06

Forgot to add, no screen functions working, including Satnav, 4x4 screen, road info, settings etc....
Range Rover TDV8

jjdt@mweb.co.za

Postby jjdt@mweb.co.za » 20 Jan 2011 20:05

Found the error - water leaking through the boot rubber onto the nokia bluetooth cellphone module. Al the electronics linked to the computer are linked in series through a optical cable. If one goes......guess what happens. Yes, you have guessed correctly, the system goes down. The solution was simple. 1 - replace the nokia module +- R5000 or @ R0, remove the two optical wires going into the plug that goes into the module and make then face each other. I took a piece of gluestick, drilled a smallish diameter hole in it and plugged the two optical wires to look at each other. And voila, the system is back. . . . . .to my tremendous relief and at a cost of R0.
Range Rover TDV8

hamiltonjensson

Postby hamiltonjensson » 21 Oct 2011 11:08

I guess you answered your own question. Good thing the wires used are optical cable if they used ordinary wires running through the consoles. I guess you need to replace the whole thing. Good thing it didn't fry any of the consoles components.
"Land Rover for life"
custom trucks

zilijen

Postby zilijen » 24 Feb 2012 12:44

Hello!

I have problem with my Range Rover Vogue 2006-2007 year.
Bluetooth module is broken, I was found small measure of moisture on pins and clean it, at first he was working in intermittent and then he was totally dead.
Bluetooth module is NOKIA (CE168)XVJ500046.
Can anyone help me where can I order???
Regards!

Return to “Range Rover”