Considering Disco3

Land Rover Discovery 1, 2 and 3

Moderator: pretdave

pretdave
Landy antispam question: most definitely not
Landy has how any wheels?: 4

Re: Considering Disco3

Postby pretdave » 01 May 2013 17:32

FrancoisSauer wrote:I bought a Discorvery 3 HSE 2005, when I switched on the radio, it turns on but there is no sound (yes I did turn up the volume). The same with the navigation system. It works but no sound. What can the problem be. I took it back to the garage I bouth it from - they are looking into the problem. Please assist

I suggest you open a new thread in the Discovery section titled _"No sound from D3 Radio"
You will possibly get a better response.
Defender 130 TD5 2000 GALACTICA
www.clrc.co.za

vegevergreen

Postby vegevergreen » 25 Jul 2013 07:45

Leaping from a driving school-issue Nissan Micra to a Discovery is not recommended. Putting the big SUV's price aside, the size of the vehicle, the potency of its engines and its un-car-like handling are attributes all likely to make a novice driver's task much harder. But taking asking price and running costs into consideration will no doubt scupper any chances of an ex-learner reaching for the keys.

simisteven

Postby simisteven » 28 Dec 2014 10:14

Hi George
referring to your statement,

I have removed the cat and the EGR on both my Discos. This makes a significant difference to the fuel economy. could you possibly send me instructions on how to do this.
Just so I am on the right page, I have a 2005 disco 3 TDV6SE 2.7 diesel. I am assuming that these have an EGR? or does this only apply to petrol models?

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » 02 Jan 2015 08:04

simisteven wrote:Hi George
referring to your statement,

I have removed the cat and the EGR on both my Discos. This makes a significant difference to the fuel economy. could you possibly send me instructions on how to do this.
Just so I am on the right page, I have a 2005 disco 3 TDV6SE 2.7 diesel. I am assuming that these have an EGR? or does this only apply to petrol models?

After two years I am sure George will be thrilled at the reply.

Return to “Discovery”