The Good Samaritan

General disccussions on Land Rovers in Africa

Moderator: pretdave

Daryl
Landy antispam question: most definitely not
Landy has how any wheels?: 4

The Good Samaritan

Postby Daryl » 08 Dec 2010 12:01

I would like to thank Lance Stewart from Karoo Overland Graaf Reinett.

Driving back home to Johannesburg after Christmas 2009 the 90° elbow to the intercooler of my Discovery Tdi suddenly burst some 50km’s before Graaff-Reinet.

I tried to patch it on the side of the road but eventually slowly made my way to Graaff-Reinet.

In Graaff-Reinet I bought some clamp and gumgum bandage to try and fix the problem so that I could get to Bloemfontein where there is a Land Rover dealership where I would be able to get the necessary parts to fix my Disco. While busy doing my repair in the main street Lance walked by and inquired as to what my problem was and immediately offered me his assistance and we followed him to his workshop where he removed an elbow from a defender that he was to do work on in the new year (he replaces all these pipes when doing a major overall as a matter of course) and fitted it to my vehicle. He was our guardian angel on our trip back home and it is wonderful to know that there is still people that are there to look after others in need.
Thank you once again Lance.

If anyone is ever in that area and need assistance, please contact him.

Lance Stewart
Karoo Overland Graaff-Reinet
Cell: 082 430 3157

sandylandy
Landy antispam question: most definitely not
Landy has how any wheels?: 4

Re: The Good Samaritan

Postby sandylandy » 09 May 2014 14:23

It seems that Lance is no longer in business? We passed through Graaf-Reinet with a dodgy slave cyclinder and weren't able to reach him or find him. We were assisted by Budcro Mechanical services next door at no 8 Fabriek. Helpful guys and extensive workshop for all manner of repairs. They'll certainly be able to help, if you can get hold of the spares/parts you need down there.
Camel Adventure Defender, 300Tdi
Defender 90 TD5

Return to “Africa Land Rover Chat”